A simple recipe for Matcha Green Tea Creme Brulee!
Victory Tea Co. Matcha Green Tea Creme Brulee
Personally, my all time favorite desserts homemade Creme Brulee. After making a few variations I had come up with my own special recipe that was so simple yet so delicious! We’re all familiar with our Creme Brulee Black Tea Blend, a special blend inspired by the sophisticated taste of Creme Brulee! But, today, we add a unique twist to the actual dessert using our Matcha Green Tea and best of all it’s actually pretty simple
- 1 Tbsp Matcha Green Tea – Of course we recommend ours; )
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- ¼ Cup White Sugar
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 4 Tbsp White Sugar
- First we’re going to preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat egg yolks, Matcha Green Tea, and the vanilla until smooth.
- Next boil a large pot of water. While we’re bringing the water to a boil, in a saucepan mix the heavy cream, sugar, and salt over medium heat. Stirring occasionally until it begins to simmer.
- Pour the hot cream SLOWLY into the egg mix, be sure to stir constantly while pouring.
- Put 4 ramekins into a larger baking dish, then pour the boiling water surrounding the ramekins halfway up the sides.
- Next pour cream mixture into four 6 oz ramekins cover the baking dish loosely with tin foil and place on oven rack.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven until the custard has just set.
- Chill the ramekins in the refrigerator 4 to 6 hours.
- When serving, evenly sprinkle 1 tablespoon of sugar over each dessert. Use a kitchen torch to brown top. Note if you do not have access to a kitchen torch simply place the ramekin on the top shelf in the broiler and broil on high for about 2 minutes until the sugar begins to caramelize.